Personal Injury Attorneys in Cumming Litigate Car Accidents
Determined representation in northern Georgia with personal concern for every client
Driving is such an integral part of our lives that we often forget the potential danger. So it’s shocking and distressing when a serious accident disrupts our lives in an instant. Suddenly, you’re dealing with intense pain and an uncertain future. Your first concern is proper medical care, but immediately after, you need to think about the legal implications of your accident. Can you get compensation? How long might that take? Will the other driver claim it was your fault? Can you prove your version of the accident is true? These are questions for an experienced car accident attorney. At Lipscomb, Johnson, Sleister, Dailey & Smith, LLP, you can get answers and reassurance from seasoned auto accident trial lawyers who know how to assemble the evidence and build a compelling case for full compensation. But we are also committed to providing close, personal attention during this critical time in your life.
Causes of car accidents
Among the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents are:
- Distracted driving — Motorists who don’t concentrate on the roadway, driving conditions and their surroundings are the most likely to cause accidents.
- Texting while driving — Use of handheld devices for texting other purposes can divert drivers’ attention from the road for undue lengths of time.
- Speeding — Motorists who travel in excess of the speed limit are probably going faster than is safe. Even traveling at or below the speed limit may be unsafe in slick road conditions or on sharp turns.
- Reckless driving — This means driving in a matter that shows indifference to the safety of others on or near the roadway.
- Drunk driving — Driving under the influence (DUI) is in most cases defined as having blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 percent or above. However, motorists may cause an accident whenever their driving ability is impaired by alcohol, regardless of their BAC.
An accident can have multiple causes. When we represent an injured party, we investigate the accident to determine how it occurred and who was principally to blame. Even if our clients are partially at fault, they may still recover damages, though the amount will be reduced proportionately.
Experience with various accident scenarios and life-changing injuries
When you suffer a serious injury, you need capable legal representation. So, it’s natural to ask whether an attorney you’re considering has successfully handled a case similar to yours in the past. Our firm has served the people of northern Georgia for decades, successfully managing litigation for innumerable accidents on surface streets and interstates, including Route 19, I‑985, I‑575, I-75 and State Route 20. We’ve assembled the evidence to prove causation in various accident scenarios, including:
- Rear-end collisions — Unless you suddenly switch lanes, the driver behind you has an obligation to keep back by a sufficient stopping distance.
- Head-on crashes — Generally, these collisions occur because a driver swerves into the wrong lane or is going in the wrong direction.
- T-bone crashes — These accidents most often happen at intersections, when one driver goes through a red light or stop sign or enters the intersection without watching for oncoming traffic.
- Sideswipes — These collisions happen when one vehicle veers too close to another as they pass each other. It may be difficult to judge which motorist is at fault if both had an opportunity to avoid the accident.
We have successfully settled or taken to trial cases involving a host of serious, life-altering or fatal injuries. Whether you have suffered bone fractures, lacerations, head, back or neck injuries, punctured organs and internal bleeding, concussion or traumatic brain injury, you can feel confident in our ability to present your personal injury claim to a judge or jury in clear and compelling terms.
Moreover, we understand the high degree of stress that accident victims are under, and the profound trust they place in us when they retain our services for their legal claim. We strive always to respond with the utmost sensitivity, to be accessible whenever we are needed, and to exert every effort to bring your case to a successful conclusion.
Trust our personal injury lawyers in Cumming to manage your car accident case
If you have been seriously hurt in a car accident, you can count on the experienced attorneys at Lipscomb, Johnson, Sleister, Dailey & Smith, LLP to fight for your rights. Our seasoned trial lawyers are determined to obtain full, fair compensation for accidents in Forsyth County and throughout northern Georgia. To schedule a free consultation, call 470-839-9467 or contact us online.